Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What is this blog about?




Welcome to my blog.

Before I start posting on this blog let me give the background of this blogging activity.


Who am I and What is this blog about?
I am a designer by training and profession. I did my masters in design in 2006 from Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay. I studied visual communication for two years. Before joining IDC, I completed my bachelors in Mechanical engineering and studied product design at IIT Kanpur.
After my MDes from IDC, I worked in an e-learning company for a while but the experience was a bit disappointing. Then for a short period I was meditating on what should I do in my life with a career in design. While finding my way ahead I was working as a research assistant with Prof. A. G. Rao for a craft sector. That was quite an educational and inspirational experience to conduct workshops for craftsmen working in Bamboo crafts.
Finally I decided to go for doctoral studies in design. Considering the topic I had in my mind, I preferred to to my PhD in India.
In 2007, I joined IDC as a research student. After a year of basic course work and readings in design field I narrowed down my research topic to- "Grids in Graphic design". I will post my research bit by bit and discuss few topics tuned with it. If you have any queries or doubts please feel free to contact me.

That's it! Let me start.

No comments:

Post a Comment